September 24, 2007

Building Blocks

I remember when I was a kid, I didn't worry about whether I knew how to build a house or not, I just started playing with a couple blocks and stacked them until they began to take on the shape I had in my mind. We are so exploratory at that age. Not afraid to start over again if the blocks fall down.



I got an idea in my head and I am trying to run with it. I secured a couple of domain names for myself and a couple for my BF who plays Jazz guitar. I bought a " Build it tonight " website package off GoDaddy and started playing with it. The templates are rudamentary and the lingo is foreign to me, but I am making some headway, between other activities I am catching up on.



I could ask someone else to build a site for me, and I am sure it would be MUCH better, but the stubborn, independant streak in me tells me I can do it myself. My initial goal is to put up a BASIC website that Jer and I share called B.Z. & Jer's Jazz and Jewelry. I'll learn by playing with the web templates and by next year, when this contract comes up for renewal, I will have a better grasp on what I need to build a better site and add all the essentials such as a shopping cart.



Little blocks placed carefully one by one

low on the ground til the foundation is done

Then reaching higer, two blocks , maybe three

carefully calculating how high it should be

protecting my work from the tail of the dog

and writing about it right here in my blog.

I really didn't know how fun it would be

this " do it yourself " plan is setting me free !

3 comments:

bencandance said...

Love your banner! :P

Hey, the joint website sounds great!

Keep up the positive attitude BZ.


:)


Ben

msbelle said...

My hat's off to you. I had no idea about the muting or that you had left. I knew you had joined mintd and was glad to see you there. I have yet to sell a thing there although I don't try that hard. I do make a lot of friends there though. Anyway...

So glad I stumbled upon your blog from your photostream. I usually steer clear of the forums and only visit if there is a problem. I'm thrilled for you in your newfound adventures. Your jewelry is beautiful and I know you will do quite well. You have a great personality and a lot of good people in your corner. I'll stop by here from time to time just to read. Hope you don't mind. :)

ginger

Sandra Eileen said...

Go For It!