September 21, 2007

Earth Tears


I am quoting off of this blog:




***********************************************


There's an insanely long but interesting discussion going on over at UEN:http://etsynews.com/415/etsy-dramatically-changes-forum-muting-policies/Also, four of the banned have now publicly told their stories:
Me
BlondezillaBeads4Fun (BZ)
Eclipse
BenCanDanceAs you can see, the other three are sellers, who no longer can change their avatars (that's what happens when you get muted, and thus also when banned).EDIT: The fifth person has just brought her identity to light - quirke.For people who have been told in the banning email to "thrive", I hardly understand how that's possible when a shop is handicapped so severely.


***************************************************************************


There are SO MANY who can express it much better than I can, and I want to thank Elizabeth for compiling the information into one concise area.


This incident has forced me to become more organized. I am compiling a long over due portfolio of items I have already sold and organizing my inventory. My plan had been to sell ONLY my Sterling Silver ( high end ) jewelry over at Mintd and to sell my " jewelry for the masses" at Etsy. I will have to rethink that now.


Hopefully, I can build my own website where I can have clear categories for my various styles of Jerwelry that I make. I will annouce that here when it is brought into being.


Again, thanks to all who have supported me through this unexpected turn of events !


Love,

~ B.Z.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it, dollface...
love the blog, love my earthtears...love you.

Anonymous said...

Hey BZ just to say I have enjoyed your postings in the etsy fora and Im sorry about what has happened, Kalin seems to have done a wipeout of all dissent, what I cant understand is why Ben, Quirke, Eclipse and you have been got at?? None of these people seem to me to be controversial posters, and etsy is the lesser without you lot. Not to mention Merp.It really sucks and so much for the "Spirit of etsy".Personally I really dislike being told what to do by the likes of Kalin et al. Im surprised Im still there I post a lot of uncomfortable stuff on those fora........When my listings run out I wont be renewing. Best of luck with future biz btw, theres a whole world out there and you may find you are better off away from the malign influence of "Admin" Im Travellinglight down at etsy btw Regards,, Ant

~B.Z. said...

The support from other Etsy users means the world to me.

THANK YOU !

To all who have connected with me here and at my other places ;>)

Kara Hartz said...

I'm always out of touch with the drama, but I only ever saw bright, helpful, and fun comments from you in the forums, and I'll miss that.
I'm glad that you are moving onward with determination and a positive spirit.

Amber said...

Love ya BZ!!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy to see that you are moving on BZ...I'm headed that direction. I've started a fiber forum and hopefully won't get my store removed from etsy before Christmas...but i'm prepared for that too. I've spoken out enough that i expect to be banned at any moment!

Anonymous said...

I'm just now "hearing" about all of the drama. I am rarely on the forums anymore, but have little reason to go back at all if you and other fun members aren't around. :/ At least we still have Flickr!
Jennifer - swirling thoughts