October 21, 2007

Good Day Sunshine !


It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon ! Days like these bring my spirits up and remind me to count my blessings.
It's 4 P.M. and it's 77 degrees F. outside, a rare October day here in the Northern most section of New York State.
Everything is sun shiny and bright, and my window is aglow with brillianltly colored figures from my friend who sells stained glass over on Mintd. I was compelled to complete a Look book for her that I had been putting off. I called it Everyday Sunshine - go take a look !
I've had a very productive day. I have actually enjoyed doing the laundry and hanging it out in the sun to dry. My clothes will smell so good after !
In between loads of laundry, I have been playing my guitar and learning a song by David Gates, founder of the 1970's soft rock band Bread. I am at the point where it is fun, not frustrating, and it has been nice to lay back after working through a very busy month at my day job.
As I enjoy the day, my thoughts drift to the many friends who help me through hard times. I want to shout out to "Hurbanski" who has a wonderful sense of humor, a creative style that is all her own, and who is one of a handful of close interweb friends that helps to keep me smiling. She is indeed an Everyday Angel !
The centerpiece in the necklace at the top of this post is a creation of Hurb's that I used in a necklace I made for myself. It makes a statement, and it makes me very happy to own it. Thanks Hurb !

7 comments:

bencandance said...

I remember the group 'Bread'!

"Baby I'm awant you, baby I'm aneed you ....you're the only one I care enought to HURT about....."

My big sisters had all the Bread albums. And Three Dog Night. :)

~B.Z. said...

I'm working on this song that he dedicated to his Dad called " Everything I own" You can hear the original artist playing and singing it solo here on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsUsrhXBzK4&NR=1

But whatever you do, DON'T listen to the Boy George versions of it on Youtube - I don't remember BG being THAT bad :P

pomomama said...

Thanks BZ - I just needed that ray of sunshine on a v cloudy foggy and gloomy rainy day! Beautiful necklace

jodie said...

Nice collaborative effort :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Just wanted to tell you that I miss browsing your beautiful shop. I see you are on lov.li now so I will lurk there. I wish you lots of sucess!

msbelle said...

I remember Bread too. And the song Ben Can Dance quoted was the first one that came to my mind also!

Beautiful piece by the way!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.