October 03, 2007

I would like you to meet my ROCK


Above is one of my favorite photos of my Jer. This was taken about 20 years ago, but is the essence of Jer and how I see him everyday, even though he has more wrinkles and his hair is mostly grey now.
The story of how we met is like something from the script of a soap opera, but with serendipity sprinkled on top. Someday I may write about it. Suffice to say, when we met, it was like I finally found someone who spoke my language, or as Jer would say, " You must come from my home planet ! " What started out as guitar lessons quickly blossomed into the love of my life.
I am blessed to have this man in my life. He brings me coffee every morning before I get out of bed. He makes me laugh when I am sad. He always greets me when I come home from work with , " How was your day ? " and actually listens to my blow by blow, then suggests I take a nice hot bath while he fixes supper.
Jer is a professional musician. He's not famous, but he has made a life of it and done quite well for himself over the years. He spent many years on the road, but has decided to try to work locally and help with his 94 year old Dad. While I'm off to work during the day, he is playing " Mr. Mom " at home, running errands for Dad and keeping up the house chores. He works playing guitar a few nights per week at local restaurants. Sometimes he gets frustrated when work is slow, but I don't want him out there on the road at this point in his life, and he is grateful that he can choose to stay home now.
Our goals together are to learn the world of computer home recording and get his music out there on the Internet. Recently, I have started to build a website that we can share. I call it Jazz and Jewelry by B.Z. and Jer. It is still in it's infancy, and I will more than likely update and improve it over time, but it is finally ready to go live.
Jer and I share the love of music, the love of creativity and the love of laughter. He inspires me everyday with his optimism and energy and he comforts me every night with his rock steady support of my endeavors. I am truly blessed to have found the haven of his arms.
Please take a moment to listen to his music here : https://www.bzjewelry.com/Jazz.html

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I love this post, BZ. Literally just today, I was thinking about you and Jer while I was at work. I was thinking that I really would rather be single than in a relationship like so many crappy ones that I see, and I thought about you and how you have described Jer... and I said to myself, "if I found a guy like THAT... THEN I'd like to not be single!"
You two are adorable. In the most nauseatingly sweet way EVER. :)

Amanda said...

oh, and nauseatingly sweet = good. ;-)

~B.Z. said...

But remember, although Jer comes from another planet, he *IS* humanoid, and thus *DOES* have flaws ..... yet no more than I ;>)

potatobird said...

What a heartwarming post, Bee Zed. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Recycled By Hyena said...

Beautiful post, makes me goes all "awwwww" ^_^

RunzwithScissors said...

(((sniff)))