October 07, 2007

I LOVE Fall !


Upstate New york is gorgeous in the Fall !
This is my favorite time of year. I love it when the temperatures only get to about 60 in the day and fall into the 40s over night. The leaves are starting to turn and the air is crisp, but the sun is still warm on your back. The squirrels are scurrying to gather enough nuts to get through the winter and the geese are flying south.
There is much to be done before the first frost arrives, and soon enough Winter will have it's long slumber. Halloween decorations adorn many a neighbor's doorstep and the first fallen leaves swirl in the October winds. I hung my laundry out today and it smells so fresh now. It was a beautiful clear day with gentle winds.
I have two more weeks of a busy work schedule to get through. We have been giving flu shots in the clinic, and the extra few minutes it takes for each patient has made the days fast and furious. But soon many of our patients will fly south with the geese and winter in their southern homes, leaving a slightly lighter schedule through the winter.
I look forward to working only a few days per week again. I haven't made a new jewelry piece in days ! Plus I need some spare time to start playing guitar again, in preparation for the annual memorial service I play in. I have completed my new website ( at least in it's basic form ) and have even sold one of Jer's CDs off the site !
I'm looking forward to the changing season and the refocusing of my energy on creating both music and jewelry. Watch for new items to be ripe for the picking in my shops in the next few weeks. They shall be bursting in Fall colors !

6 comments:

msbelle said...

What a beautiful piece! It's just lovely and so perfectly fall.

By the way, thank you for commenting on my necklace on Mintd. I would have gone there to thank you, but I can't get on Mintd at all so I'm afraid I can't. That's why my shop has not been updated in so long. I cannot even get on it at all and haven't been able to for at least two months. I wish I could add things but my computer just sits and spins and spins and I just can't waste that much time trying. But I wanted to say thank you somehow! :)

~B.Z. said...

Well, you are very welcome ;>)

Sorry about your difficulty with Mintd. It was slow over there for me tonight, but I have been able to use the site.

Thanks for finding me here. Do you have a blog ? I will put you in my friends links if you do ;>)

bencandance said...

That is a beautiful necklace! Green and blue are my favorite colors.


And I love Fall too; nothing like the smell of fireplace smoke oozing out into a crisp Autumn night. :)


Coziness.

msbelle said...

Thank you. I do have a blog. It's http://msbelle.blogspot.com/

Maybe it's finally cooling off here in NC. Supposed to be down to 39 degrees where my mom lives in the mtns., and here in Charlotte down in the 50s tonight like October should be. Hopefully the 90s are gone. But as soon as I say that they'll be back!

Andy Mathis said...

Hi BZ,

How's things going for you?

~B.Z. said...

Thanks for stopping by Andy ;>)

I am well, yet working in my nursing job too many hours of late to do any creative work ...flu shots, flu shots, flu shots !!!!

It should slow down again soon as many of my clients are heading south for the winter.